Friday, March 26, 2010

Made an offer and trying not to think about it...

Since we moved here last November, we've looked at around 15 houses, took a long break from house hunting, tried in vain to figure out the CA real estate system, and narrowed down a potential neighborhood. On Wednesday, we looked at a house that could possibly be our home. We made an offer. Now, we wait. We won't know anything until Monday, most likely. I'm trying not to get emotional over this and think about it all of the time. That's easier said than done. I can't think of anything else. I'm so excited, and anxious, and nervous. I have a peace about this situation, which is different from most decisions I agonize over. I really want this house, it's in a great location, 2 blocks from the elementary school Avery and McKenna will go to next fall, it has room for our growing family and all of the junk we have. It may even have room for us to buy more junk :) It's also close to our church. It has a great kitchen and office area. It has a decent backyard, by CA standards anyway. No pool, but our HOA pool is just a few blocks away. Truth be told, I was a little wary about having a pool. I wanted one, but there just is a lot of risks and responsibility. Maybe when the kids are older...
So, this house is perfect for us. Like I said, I'm trying so hard to not constantly dwell on it. If we get it, great! We'll celebrate by eating out at Cheesecake Factory (haven't cleared that with Kevin, yet though) If we don't, I know that God has another house we'll call home soon. Maybe we can eat at Cheesecake Factory anyway and call it comfort food!

No comments: