Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin night!

Here is Presley, my little pumpkin, at Lombardi Ranch, here in Valencia. We went there last weekend and each of the kids picked out a pumpkin. We also saw Kevin Richardson (not pictured) of the Backstreet Boys there. He caught my eye b/c he had a UK hat on. I came soooo close to stopping him to talk, but when we got closer to him, I realized who he was, then I got star-struck and chickened out. Anyhoo....

I love pumpkins! I love the way they smell, I love the way they grow from just a tiny nothing into something huge. I love the seeds. Everything. Tuesday night, we carved pumpkins. Well, most of us. Poor Caleb was confined to the swing for the evening.We read the Pumpkin Patch parable (which we do every pumpkin carving night-love, love, love that book!)
We cut open the pumpkins and got the seeds out. We cut out eyes, noses, and scary mouths. We finished the night by eating struesal pumpkin pie topped with whipped cream and grated nutmeg. I used this recipe for the pumpkin pie and tweaked it a little. I didn't add pecans and I cut the flour down to 1/4 c. on the streusal and added 1/4 c. oatmeal to the mixture. Gingerbread coffee and pumpkin creamer perfected the evening. It was such a great night.

1 comment: