Sunday, August 3, 2008

Laundry Update


So, the girls got to help me on Friday make my first batch of homemade laundry detergent. Avery didn't like the smell of the soap, which was concentrated, so she quickly exited the scene. After 24 hours, McKenna stirred the detergent, which looked exactly like the video on the link on Friday's post. It was slimy and took a while to get it to mix together.

Our first load was the towels and t-shirts from swimming on Saturday afternoon. They turned out fine. No heavy or overwhelming odors, just clean. So far, so good!

On typical weeks, I do all of our laundry on 2 days, Monday and Thursday. Tomorrow will be the real test...

1 comment:

Lakeland Jo said...

hello there
I am Jo in England. Have just started my blog and I am looking at lots of others across the world for ideas. Stopped by and had a good look at yours and enjoyed it especially hearing about the heat where you are- it is cool and raining here. Very miserable. Amazed too at the idea of homemade detergent!