- I wonder, if we still lived in KS, if people would come up to me and ask questions about my pregnancy. You would not believe how many people approach me, especially when they see the 3 girls with me. They usually comment on one of 2 things-they'll either say how well behaved the girls are (which is always the best compliment a mom can hear) or they'll ask me if I'm finally having a boy. Lately, it has happened every time I go out in public. No kidding. At Lowes, at Target, at Ralphs, at the library. Everywhere.
- I wonder if this baby is really going to stay inside of me until the 22nd. I have this awful fear that my water will break or something, and I'll have to have him sooner. If I can just make it 'til the 17, I think I'll be ok. My mom is coming then. In my mind, even the 22nd seems too soon. I just can't believe I'm going to have another baby.
- I wonder if, in this next house, we can keep the clutter down to a minimum. I hate clutter. You might not know that, by looking at our home. But, I really do. I'm so tired of seeing school papers, coloring pages, and junk laying around. I am determined to keep this next home clutter free.
- I wonder if Avery and McKenna will be able to make some friends this summer, before school starts. They need friends desperately. In the 6 months we've been here, they have each made about 2 other friends. I'm praying that there are some girls their age in our neighborhood, and that we'll be able to meet them before school starts.
- I wonder how Presley is going to adjust to all of these changes. Her world is so crazy right now. She moved to a new bed, she'll start to share a room with McKenna in the new house, she'll have a new baby brother soon. Lots of changes. And, I'm afraid I won't be able to pick her up to comfort her after I have the baby. Silly, I know-but I'm already sad about that.
- I wonder how Kevin will adjust to commuting to work. It will be a 30-40 minute ride each way. I think it may turn out to be a good time for him to prepare/de-compress before and after work each day. I'm secretly hoping he'll be able to work from home more, maybe one day/week or something. We'll see. We've gotten spoiled living so close to his work these last months, I'll miss having him come home for lunch, and visiting him at his office.
- I wonder how we'll adjust to living on a budget again. We've had a very loose budget since we've moved here. And, that's about to change real soon.
- I wonder if we'll grow to love this home as much as I already love it in my mind. I have longed for a place to call home for 6 months and, now that the time has come to finally move in, I find myself second guessing everything. Isn't that crazy?
- I wonder how things will be different, once we get settled and find a routine to fit our family. So many changes ahead. So many thoughts in my head. And, I have almost no control of anything.
- I just wonder what tomorrow will look like. And the next day. And the next day...
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Over the last few weeks, I've wondered many things.