Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Here I am!


Ok-it's been a crazy few months. No. Wait. It's been a crazy 12 months. I still find myself thinking in blog titles, thoughts, and posts, but, I am almost never around the computer long enough to type them out. My i-phone has replaced the computer in my life. Email, text, and facebook is pretty much all I need to get through the day.

Anyway, for the first time since Caleb was born (he's almost 4 months old!), both he and Presley are asleep at the same time during the day and I have an hour to myself!!! Can you hear the Hallelujah Chorus in the background? It's blaring-soooooo-on blogger I am.

Let's see, here's a quick recap..
  • We moved to Valencia in June
  • Caleb was born in June
  • Family, family, and more family came to visit in July
  • Avery and McKenna started school in August
  • I started teaching music once a week to some ultra-cool pre-k kids at my bff's preschool in August
  • Family came to visit in September
  • Presley turned 2 in September
  • Presley got very sick, very fast in September. Fever of 104 and a trip to urgent care. Steroids and Tylenol for a few days and she's back to her sweet self
  • The girls had Fall break in October-the beach, Hollywood, down time
  • We've already made some great friends and have had several play dates in the last few months
  • Kevin has worked hard at Fuller during all of these months
  • Life isn't slowing down. Not one bit...
When we are home during the day, I'm trying very hard to get Presley to consistently answer, "here I am" when I call to her. She has a habit of disappearing, usually going in a room she's not supposed to, or opening the front door to get out. Anyhoo, we're working on it. So, with that said, I wanted to tell you, "Here I am!" I'm still here. I still have lots to say.

What's going on now at Osborn Abode
  • My life is consumed by falling in love, over and over again, with Caleb James. He's the cutest little boy, ever. God knew exactly what He was doing when He created Caleb, even though I had not a clue. I am forever grateful to the One who gave me a son.
  • My life is also consumed with being a mom to my 3 girls-Avery is 7 and excelling like crazy in school. She is a great student and she loves her "new" room that she has all to herself. McKenna started Kindergarten this year and is doing so well. She loves school and loves her new friends. She's always up for a playdate and takes her homework very seriously. Presley just turned 2 and is starting to act like it. Gone are the days when I'd call her the perfect baby! She has a beautiful personality and such a sweet spirit. Now, we are working on boundaries and obedience. She loves to go to church and she's always up for playing games and riding her new bike.
  • Kevin and I are enjoying stay at home dates for the time being. Late night Chipotle after the kids are in bed is and may always be my favorite. We are currently looking for a babysitter who's willing to take on our brood.
  • Kevin and I are working (or need to be) on a (financial) budget now that we are settling into life in Valencia. There are (always) unexpected expenses and we need to tweek our ICT budget to include those. Also, now that we have 2 girls in school, we're realizing that going to school (public school at that) costs money. Sigh. In addition to that, we need to figure out a system of chores and allowance for Avery and McKenna.
  • Kevin wrote a great post on debt. In the last 3 years, we've been able to pay off all debt, except student loans and our mortgage. Being free from credit card and car debt is so freeing. We've also been able to save up 6 months of living expenses. I never realized how secure I'd feel knowing we had savings built up like that. Next on the list is to figure out a plan to tackle our student loans, and then, set up a plan/savings account to purchase a "new to us" van (or SUV) in the next couple of years. Talks about money are just like exercise and time spent with God. You don't always like or want to do it, but you always feel better after it's done ;-)
  • Speaking of exercise, I'm trying to lose these last 15 lbs of pregnancy, that I've had since Avery! I started the couch to 5K plan 7 weeks ago, and my life has changed. I've never been a runner. I always thought my knees couldn't take it. But, this plan has proved otherwise. I'm almost addicted to running! Almost. I'll finish the plan in 2 weeks and I'm going to run my first 5K in November. I can't believe it.
  • Our family is still loud. Our family is still chaotic at times. We all love Jesus. We all love each other, most of the time, that is. We are adjusting to life as a party of 6. We are still trying to perfect our daily routine.
Never a dull moment at Osborn abode...Here I am!


No comments: