Friday, July 17, 2009

Pray for Kate


I have been praying for Kate McRae for over 2 weeks now. This precious little girl and her family are being attacked and it's time for us to act on her behalf. I believe in spiritual warfare. I believe that Satan knows what a powerful family the McRae's are. I believe that God has big plans for Kate's dad, Aaron. He's a pastor and has a heart for ministry. I also know that in my dad's first 5 years of ministry, both of his daughters had major health problems. My sister was diagnosed with diabetes when she was 8, requiring 3 shots a day and countless blood sugar tests along with a major diet change, and I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer when I was 17. Unfortunately, I never put 2 and 2 together until a few years ago during a conversation with my husband about Satan's attacks on those in ministry. Yesterday, I found out that Kate's little brother, Will, has a growth on his vocal cord that will also require surgery. They don't think it's cancer, but, still, quite a shock for a family already going thru the worst right now.

  • Pray that the tumor that is still in Kate's brain will disappear. That there is no other trace of cancer in her body.
  • Pray that the chemo she will take will not affect her hearing or kidneys.
  • Pray for her spirits as she is stuck in a hospital and isn't able to enjoy the summer. or fall.
  • Pray for her mom and dad.
  • Pray for Will, that his surgery would be successful and that his recovery is quick. And that the doctors won't have to cut his vocal cords or that his voice won't be affected by the surgery.
  • Pray for Olivia, Kate and Will's oldest sister.
  • Pray that God would use Kate's family in a mighty way, by bringing complete healing and restoration to their bodies on this earth, so they can be living, breathing, testamonies to God's grace and mercy.
  • Pray God's will to be done. And give God the glory when it is.
The battle is on. Pray.

1 comment:

Phoebe Brummett said...

Michelle, I cried so much as I read the entire blog about Kate. Do you know this family personally or how did you hear about this? Also, how did they ever discover the tumor? What was the reason for going to a dr. in the first place? Thanks so much for refocusing my mind on someone else's troubles! I would like to send this blog on our prayer chain, if that is OK with you.