Thursday, July 30, 2009

Little House

In the spring, Avery studied about Laura Ingalls Wilder in History. We've watched several episodes of Little House on the Prairie, and even watched the Pilot episode. My friend, Sally, let us borrow the 1st season on dvd, so we've watched 9 episodes in the last 3 days. Man, life was hard back then. I don't think I'd make a very good pioneer wife. McKenna has asked to have her hair in braids for 2 days now. She also asked for ribbons and then noticed that Laura wasn't wearing ribbons in an episode and quickly took them out. Too cute! I was curious to read up on the history and the actors and found this on a website. This is a list of rules for teachers during this time period.Click on the document to enlarge. So... I wouldn't make a good teacher back then. Notice there are no rules dealing with actual teaching practice, philosophy, methods, etc. hmmm

No comments: