Tuesday, April 13, 2010

On hold...

I feel like my life is on hold right now. I mean, I still do laundry, I still feed my family (most days), I still change diapers and home school Avery and McKenna. But, I feel like life is on hold until we move into our new (to us) home. That's when things will move. Fast. We plan to move sometime around June 12. Unless God has other plans, Baby Blue will come 10 days to 2 weeks later. Then, family will start coming to help, visit, take the girls back to KS. More family will bring the girls back to Cali a week or so later, hopefully. Then, school will start. I'm already thinking, where has the summer gone?
So, they say here in SoCal that the allergies are their worst in 10 years. Lovely, just in time for my husband and kids to experience it. Kevin, Avery and McKenna have already dealt with horrible allergies. A few days ago, Presley and I started having the symptoms. Presley, however, much worse than I. I feel so sorry for her. She's grown out of the stage where when she's sick, she just wants to be held. Now, even though she's sick, she drives me crazy. She's testing her boundaries, she's whiney, and she absolutely hates it when I wipe her nose, which is every 3 minutes. Her eyes are matted shut in the mornings and after naps. Gross. I think her allergies have turned into an infection.
We've made it this far without having to see a dr, with the exception of going to urgent care on the weekend a couple of times. A few weeks ago, I changed the girls PCP to a dr. up in Valencia that was recommended to me. We haven't gotten their insurance cards yet, so I spent most of the morning on the phone with Cigna, trying to figure out to do what to get Presley in to see someone. Why can't anything be uncomplicated? Geesh-after multiple phone conversations, Presley has an appt. on Thursday. And, I'm not leaving that office without a prescription, either for her or me!
Fuller has an art show this afternoon and Avery and McKenna each did a painting for an exhibit. So, we are headed there shortly. I'll try to post pix of their work tomorrow. They're both so excited!

No comments: