Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Granola and homemade bread

My favorite breakfast is homemade granola with yogurt and fresh fruit. I could eat that every day. I've tried to make the granola on this site, and I burned it. And it smelled really gross afterward. This is Paula Deen's recipe. It is simply the best. I usually tweak it a little, depending on what I have on hand. I always buy the green Kroger box of granola with out raisens in the cereal section. Yesterday, I made it and forgot we didn't have coconut and wheat germ. It tastes much better with the coconut. I also add craisens, instead of cherries. And I omit the walnuts. Actually, yesterday at Ralphs, I found a trail mix in the deli section that had almonds, raw cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips. I bought the container and added 1/2 a cup of so to the granola after it was cooled and it was really good. Still wished I had coconut, though. Again, go here, make it, and enjoy!

I got my new breadmaker last week. I found this site and it has a ton of recipes. I made this garlic bread first, and it was very good. Even a few days later, it was good. I made some raisen bread (from a recipe booklet that came with the breadmaker) over the weekend, and it burned. It was so bad, I could have given it to the girls to play kick ball with. I chose the medium setting, so, next time, I'll choose the light and see what happens. I'm planning to make some hawaiian bread this week, from a box, so, hopefully it'll turn out.


No comments: