Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cabin fever and SOLD!

I'm so ready for this week to be over.

Avery is finally feeling better. Still complaining about a sore throat and tummy ache, but no fever and the coughing has almost stopped. McKenna is starting day 6 of this virus. She got tested for the flu yesterday but it came back negative. So, we don't know what it is that's taken these girls down. Presley had a fever off and on yesterday, but this morning was really sick. She kept saying "uh oh" and just whimpering. I just put her down for a nap. McKenna is asleep on the couch downstairs and Avery is in our bed watching tv. I want to escape. I have cabin fever. The only time I've been out this week was to take the girls to the dr. I need some fresh air. I want to eat at a restaurant, where someone else cleans up the mess. I want to go to the Y and work out.

On the up side-we have a contract on the house! We plan to close on Nov. 24. We'll have to stay with family thru the Thanksgiving week, then we'll head west. We tried to sell "by owner" but we weren't having much luck and didn't have time to just sit and wait. I hate the roller coaster of emotions that come with having a house on the market. The constant cleaning and de-cluttering, hoping the phone will ring, wondering what people are thinking as they look through your home, wishing you could do more. On Tuesday night, the realtor put in online, and by Wednesday, we had an offer we couldn't refuse. I'm glad it sold, but my stomach hurts thinking about the money we're spending on having a realtor. Seriously, my stomach really hurts just thinking about it. Sigh...

So, we have a lot to do. Pack, pack, pack. Organize. We need to figure out if we can get rid of stuff here, or if we need to find a storage unit in Pasadena. We're moving from a 2400 sf. home to a 1300 sf. apartment. Fuller graciously offered an apartment for us to live in, for up to a year, so we could get out here and take our time looking for the perfect (and affordable) house. I know I shouldn't feel like this, but, I feel like I have a huge weight on my shoulders and I just don't know how all of the pieces are going to fit into place. Schooling for Avery, transition for all 3 girls, Kevin's defense, money for this move, closure for my students at Friends, finding a home for our dog who's been in our family for 8 years, Christmas, a family wedding in January. It's overwhelming right now. And, yet, I'm thankful, and hopeful. Or, at least I'm trying to be.


No comments: