Monday, October 19, 2009

Menu Plan Monday, Realtors, and a nasty virus

A virus has attacked our family and is taking us down one by one. Avery got sick early Friday, and McKenna got sick Saturday afternoon. We hoped and prayed that Presley would be spared, but she now has a fever. We crazy thing is, the girls feel good in the mornings and then the fever comes back with a vengeance in the late afternoons. It's weird. They seemed so fine the majority of today, they were driving us crazy! Then, all of a sudden, they stopped bouncing off the walls and the fever returned. After $60 in co-pays and money spent on OTC medicine, I'm ready for it to go away. I finally got an Rx today for some cough syrup with codeine. That seems to help some. I should buy stock in Lysol. We've used a ton this weekend. Kevin was up most of the night with McKenna so he stayed home today. I'm so glad he did.

Today, I had to cancel a family photo shoot. I don't know if I'll be able to reschedule. I'd been looking forward to getting our family pix taken for, like, a year now. I'm so disappointed.

I called a realtor today. After 2 weeks of For Sale By Owner with not much activity, we're turning it over, hoping for some action.

Now for the menu-I'm starting to clean out the pantry and freezer, in anticipation for the big move. I also noticed that pomegranates are at Dillons now. $2 each. Ugh-but I bought 4 anyway. McKenna and I love pomegranates! Presley tried them and loves them, too. They're so good right now.
Breakfasts-cereal, banana bread, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, yogurt, oatmeal, scrambled eggs

Lunch-leftovers, sandwiches, soup, pizza, etc....(although, today, on my 4th trip to Dillons in as many days, I got sushi for Kevin and me, yummmmm)

Dinner-
BBQ chicken pizza, apple slices
Chili, pomegranates
Chicken enchiladas, corn, black beans, apple slices
Waffles, sausage, fruit
Homemade Gourmet Gumbo, rice, cornbread
Tilapia, mashed potatoes, grean beans, orange slices
Leftovers, Chipotle, or, dare I say, Date night?



No comments: