Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful thoughts


I've spent the day cooking 2 turkeys for our church's big dinner on Thursday. The girls had fun rubbing "Sam" with oil and salt. My heart breaks for those who have no one to celebrate life with. I'm wondering how Thanksgiving will be for those who eat at Quincy's. Will they be excited? Will they be happy? Will they feel alone? Will they feel like there's a hidden agenda? I'm sure there will be all sorts of different people there, with different thoughts, histories, life experiences, emotions. I'm anxious to hear how things go.

We are heading North to Abilene on Thursday to have lunch with my family. My best friend from college and her family are joining us up there. Never a dull moment when Rachel's around! We'll spend Saturday with Kevin's family.

I have so much to be thankful for


  • God has given me a husband who loves the Lord, loves me and his children

  • God has provided a home for us to live in. We are able to pay our bills on time.
  • God has allowed me to stay home and teach my children. I can't explain the thrill I get when I see their little minds at work, learning.

  • God has given me a new hobby, learning to be frugal and living with less. I'm loving it.

  • God has blessed us with good health this year. In spite of a few scares, we are all fine.

  • God has given us Presley. She is a wonderful addition to our family and God has great plans for her. I look at her and am in awe of life and the greatness of our Father.

  • God is still at work in this family. We are not the same family we were last year. Praise the Lord

The girls have been learning about Thanksgiving these last 2 weeks. When asked what they are thankful for, they responded by saying...


Avery-food to eat and a home to live in.


McKenna-getting to see you (Mommy) every day. (I didn't prompt her, I swear!)


Presley-I assume she's thankful to find her thumb in her mouth, which she's getting pretty good at, and to be held.
Happy Thanksgiving to you. In the midst of great turkey and stuffing (with raisens, of course) take time to express thanks to God for the good things He's given you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told Avery that in school today she should make pilgrim and indian hats for us to wear @ Thanksgiving lunch! I think it would be fun!

Michelle Osborn said...

Sorry, no school today. I do have a project up my sleeve for tomorrow. You'll have to wait and see!