Sunday, November 22, 2009

Last Day on Harvest Court

It's early Sunday morning and I can't sleep, surprise, surprise. This is our last day in our house in Wichita. When we moved here, I said I would die in this house. I knew I was teasing, we've almost outgrown this house in the 2 1/2 years we've been here, but I thought we'd live here a lot longer than we have. I love this house. I prayed for this house. I've painted (along with Kevin and the good people at River City paints) this house. I had big plans for this house. We just remodeled our master bedroom over Christmas break last year, and we had started to remodel the basement this summer and stopped when we knew that moving to CA was a possibility. Kevin told me we'd redo the master bath when he finished his dissertation. I'm going to miss this house. We found out we we're going to have Presley at this house. We've shared many meals with friends and family here, and it's hard to believe this home won't be ours anymore.

I hope the new owners enjoy this home as much as we have.

We have so much to do today...and most of it won't get done, until we can ship the 3 girls off to Kevin's folks as soon as they get home from Tx. We just can't get much done when the girls are here. I can't imagine what it will be like when we get to CA and there are no grandparents to help us out. I don't want to think about that right now.


As you think about it, please pray for the health our family, in the midst of all the chaos. All 3 girls have been sick in the last 10 days, there are 5 bottles of amoxicillin in our fridge right now. It's a lot to deal with in an already stressful time. Thanks.

I know this move is what God is calling us to do. I also know it's the hardest thing God has called us to do. I know His plan is good, and I'm clinging to that promise today.

1 comment:

Sheree & Elgin said...

Kevin and Michelle - We will miss you guys! We'll be praying for you as you make the drive and begin to settle at your new place. Who knows, maybe we'll just fly out someday to visit!! :)
Hugs to your fam!!