Monday, May 11, 2009

Success!

McKenna and I made a trip to Dillons tonight since I didn't get to do my weekly grocery trip on Mother's day. I didn't need much, our freezer is overflowing and I already had fresh veggies and fruit, but I had some coupons that matched up to the sales this week. I stuck to the list, with one minor exception, which included-
  • 4 boxes of cereal
  • fr. pizza
  • 2 bags fr. veggies
  • 2 bottles of salad dressing
  • 2 boxes of strawberries
  • 1 bag of fresh spinach
  • bag of salad finishers, bag of potato finishers
  • deodorant*
  • 2 toothbrushes
  • pasta
  • TruLemon-something that makes your H20 taste a little better than just drinking water
  • 2 finger cereal for Presley
  • 14 jars of baby food
  • bag of m&ms-NOT on the list, but Kevin got a free redbox movie tonight, so I got them to go with the popcorn we already have :)
My total before coupons was $73.72. After coupons and a Rx transfer (Kevin's allergy medicine) my bill was $13.94!!!!!! Here are Avery and Presley posing with the groceries.
*I should have added deodorant to this post earlier today. I found deodorant on closeout a few weeks ago and bought several, thinking it was the same brand and scent Kevin usually wears. After a few days, he tells me that it's just deodorant, NOT deodorant and anti-perspirant. Ugh. So, I paid full price for the real thing. Apparently, anti-perspirant is a good thing to have this time of year.

No comments: