- We've finished Math, Language Arts, and Art. We just need to finish a couple of lessons in science and history and take one more phonics assessment. Then we're done! yea!!!! I think McKenna will be the most excited. She hasn't enjoyed "school" as much these last few weeks.
- What do I do with the piles and piles of paper and artwork we've accumulated throughout the year? I can't just throw it all away, or can I...
- so, this post blew me away. Dave and his wife were our best friends in KY and we really miss them. And I can't believe Anna is 8 already. Anyway, the post is a good lesson in the importance of personal and thorough bible study, to say the least...
- We completed our project master bedroom over Christmas break. Now we're starting Project Basement. I need to take pictures of the way it looks now. We've lived in this house 2 years and the only thing on the walls in the basement is Avery's artwork that she's taped to the wall. The walls are white, which is my least favorite color for a wall and the layout is tricky. The furniture is decent, but we've been using tv trays for end tables and even the tv trays are starting to fall apart.
- If you're a parent, you know the series of books, If you give a pig a pancake, If you give a moose a muffin, etc....I've been mentally writing a book like that in my head all week. If you give Michelle a project...I'll post the final writing later.
- We made new chore charts this week. I used this site to create them. Both Avery and McKenna have some of the same chores to do each day, like make the bed, pick up toys, etc...but I divided some chores into each week, so I don't have to hear McKenna screaming, "I always feed Abby!" And I don't have to respond by saying, "I always feed you!" So now we have pink week and purple week chores. For example, on pink weeks, Avery empties the dishwasher (silverware only) and Kenna feeds Abby. On purple weeks they trade chores. We haven't started doing allowances, yet, but I think it's time we start with Avery. Just don't really know how. Or how much.
- Only 9 more months until the LOST final season. What are we gonna do on Wednesday nights 'til then? I know one thing we won't be doing-fighting to get the girls in bed by 8!
- We're in the process of switching from Cox to U-verse. I'm not sure about it, but if our monthly payments are lower, it'll be worth it.
- Watched Slumdog Millionaire this week. What a messed up movie. Seriously.
- Looking forward to this weekend. Kevin gets Friday afternoons off in the summer and it starts tomorrow. Maybe an afternoon family bike ride?
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
It's been a good week so far. I'm officially done teaching at Friends for summer break and Avery is sooooo close to being done with her Kindergarten year.