Monday, May 18, 2009

Would you rather...


I was visiting with a friend last week about Project Basement and was asking her opinion on how we should do the layout. In our conversation, she mentioned that she would rather have an old couch for the rest of her life, if that meant she could eat out whenever she wants (which, in her case, is everyday). She about died when I told her that we've only eatin' out once this month.

So, here's the question...Would you rather eat out whenever you want and live with home furnishings you acquired in college or would you sacrifice eating out in order to have nice home decor? And when I mean nice, I'm talking Ashley furniture, not Ethan Allen :)

Let me know...

3 comments:

becky s. said...

I'd much rather have the furniture! First of all, living in the back of beyond as we do, "good" places to eat out are few and far between. Second, eating at home is healthier. Third, the furniture gives much more lasting satisfaction.

Karen said...

I wouldn't give up eating up entirely, but I would eat out less frequently to have nice furniture. Of course, living in a small town makes it easier to eat out less--we have fewer choices!

Kevin said...

Delayed gratification is best, I like eating home alot to save money. More frequently, I like avoiding the crowds at restaurants too. I can't remember a meal that is worth (taste and price) waiting 30 minutes to an hour to eat.

I think alot of people eat out often because they don't want to spend the time and energy to plan meals, shop for food, etc... Most of the excuses people give seem to be centered around avoiding the discipline it takes to do the hard work of planning. Fortunately, I have a wife who takes the time and does the hard work! :)