Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday wish wash

Man, I can't believe we're halfway done with June! This summer is already flying.
  • Our one and only vacation for the season is happening in 2 days. We're going to Allen Tx to visit family. To say we're excited is an understatement. Avery even made a countdown calendar. We also have reservations to eat at the American Girl Bistro on Saturday. I'm excited about this. I don't know what to expect, but Krista, my SIL said I'd be overwhelmed. The girls have been doing "extra" chores around the house to earn money to spend there.
  • Planning a couple of staycations for the rest of the summer. i e-staying in a tent in the backyard, family night, etc...
  • You know it's time to buy a new exercise dvd when you have the whole routine memorized. I have Billy Blanks boot camp routine down. All 53 minutes of it. I want to buy Jillian Micheals Shred or Boost Your Metabolism dvds. Maybe want isn't the word. Need is more like it. No, it's want...I actually like to work out.
  • I had a GREAT shopping trip to Penneys this morning. I bought 2 shirts, a skirt, a picture frame and a reusable bag. All for $15 and some change. My receipt says I saved $82.11!
  • I received the best compliment yesterday. We all went to the dentist and after Avery and McKenna got their teeth cleaned, the hygienist came out and told me how well the girls behaved, how articulate they both were and how they talked about relevant things. She even went on to tell me how McKenna explained the colors of her necklace. (red-the blood of Christ, black-sin, yellow-heaven, white-purity, etc...) She also told me that she didn't know of many 4 year olds that can successfully floss their own teeth and that I needed to do it more...And that Avery will need braces :(
  • No teeth for Presley, yet. I'm not complaining, though, since I'm still nursing:)
  • The girls ate at their friend, Maddy's house last night, so Kevin suggested Chipotle for us. We haven't had Chipotle in 7 weeks, since the LOST season finale. It was soooo good.
  • Avery has already asked when camp is next year. And she has declared that she wants to go again. I remember the "high" I used to get from camp each summer. I'm glad Avery got to experience it this year.
  • It's crazy hot today. I'm ready for another storm tonight. I like summer rain.
  • I am so blessed. I love my life. I am the luckiest wife and mom in the world.

No comments: