Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Breakfast

Our traditional breakfast on Christmas morning is always a breakfast casserole of some sort and bubble loaf. The casserole usually changes, depending on what everyone is in the mood for, but the bubble loaf is a given. This year, I used this recipe for the breakfast casserole, and it was so good. I'm definitely going to make it again, soon. Instead of the cubes of bread, I used a bag of seasoned croutons (I always use croutons in any breakfast casserole, it's usually cheaper and always easier). I also used wet mustard, instead of dried.

And here's the bubble loaf recipe.

1/2 package, Rhodes frozen rolls
1 cup chopped pecans
1 pkg butterscotch pudding, not instant-must get the cook and serve
6 T melted butter
1 t cinnamon
1/2 c. brown sugar

Spray bundt pan with pam. Place pecans in pan. Place frozen rolls over the pecans. Sprinkle the pudding (dry) over the rolls. Mix melted butter, cinnamon and brown sugar together. Pour on top of rolls and pudding. Let stand overnight or 8 hours. Bake 30 m. at 350 degrees. I usually place the pan on a cookie sheet to catch any spills. I also cover with foil the first 20 m. Remember, if you cover with foil to spray the foil with pam so it doesn't stick.

This is a very easy sweet roll recipe. I make it several times a year. Enjoy!

No comments: