Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Food cravings and recipes

When I was pregnant with Avery, Kevin and I were vegetarians, and all I wanted to eat was a hamburger. That's it-no pickles, no ice cream, just a hamburger. I slowly introduced meat back into my diet during that pregnancy. McKenna's pregnancy, well, I really can't remember, I think I just ate everything in site. Presley-I could have eaten McDonalds every single day of the whole pregnancy and been satisfied. I was always craving a cheeseburger from there. Every. Day.
Now, what am I hungry for, you ask? Sushi. That's right. California Rolls with soy sauce, ginger (which Dillons had and Ralphs doesn't btw) and wasabi. We had some last week, and since then, that's all I've wanted to eat. I got some yesterday, had to share with Kevin. I could have eaten the whole thing by myself. And today, I wanted more! Crazy...Although, I'm also growing very fond of CPK pizza-pepperoni and hamburger, nothing fancy. Kevin has so far ordered BBQ chicken, Carribean jerk Chicken and Chipotle chicken, which I have yet to try. They just don't sound good.

So, while I'm on the subject of food, I thought I'd share the beef tenderloin I made on Christmas. Beef tenderloin is my absolute favorite and this was the first time I've made it. I used my mom's recipe, which I think is Aunt Marlene's recipe.

1 beef tenderloin, trimmed of fat
2 packets of Dry Good Seasons Italian dressing
1 cup ketchup
2 tsp mustard (wet)
1 tsp Worcestershire
1 1/2 cups water

Place tenderloin in a large zip lock bag. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over tenderloin. Seal bag and marinate overnight in refrigerator.
Remove from marinade and pat somewhat dry. Place on foil lined roasting pan or 9x13 pan and bake at 425 (uncovered) for about an hour. May need to cook longer depending on size of the tenderloin.
Let set 20 minutes before slicing.

We always serve horseradish sauce with the tenderloin-

Mayo
Sourcream
Prepared horseradish-you should find this in the refrigerated section-in Ict, it's by the refrigerated pasta and sauces, in Ca, it's by the hotdogs.
Salt and Pepper

Mix about equal portions, start out with 1/2 cup each of the may and sour cream. Add about 2 TBSP horseradish and salt and pepper. This is really just an eyeball and taste method.

I'll post the frozen fruit salad recipe soon.


1 comment:

Gerri said...

Tenderloin recipe is really Barb Parson's--Jeff's Mom. Passed on to the Keatings and thankfully so.