Friday, October 17, 2008

Afterthoughts pt. 2


These 3 weeks have flown by. I go back to teach one week from today. Every time I think about it, I start to freak out. I just can't imagine leaving Presley right now. Next Friday is going to be rough. Some more post-pardom thoughts-


  • Nurses ROCK! I've had the best nurses with all 3 births. Our nurses in the operating room were amazing. The recovery nurse was wonderful. And all of the post-pardom nurses were great!

  • I don't know why I didn't get one of these before. Kevin's mom made this and I LOVE it! I'm going to buy more fabric this weekend, so she can make more.

  • We have been overwhelmed by the generosity of our friends and family. We've gotten clothes, meals, gift cards, diapers, gifts for the older sisters, money, and offers to watch Avery and McKenna, so Presley and I could rest. Thanks so much! One of my favorite gifts, the one that caught me off guard, was the new Steven Curtis Chapman Cd. Every time I listen to Cinderella, I start to cry. I don't know how SCC can get through that song without breaking.

  • This has been quite an adjustment to our family. It's been almost 4 years since we've had a baby in the house, 24/7. The older girls have had there moments, but overall, they're doing very well. We're working on a new routine. Trying to figure out what the new normal is for our family.

  • My emotions have been all over the place. I don't remember being so emotional with the other 2 (except when it was time to go back to work)

  • I would do it again in a heartbeat! The thought of Presley being the last one makes me sad. I'd probably even have another C-section. (We haven't gotten the medical bill yet, though) The first week afterwards is definitely the WORST, I've never been in that much pain before, but it's temporary. And there was no pain before or during the surgery.
We have a big day planned tomorrow-our family is going to a pumpkin patch! The girls are so excited. We're going to have pumpkin donuts in the morning and I searched online for pumpkin soup recipes to make tomorrow night. And Kevin has big plans for carving pumpkins to look like the characters from the Wizard of Oz. Should be fun! I love fall-

1 comment:

lorilei61 said...

I am so happy you liked the Steven Curtis Chapman CD. I was afraid you might already have it. I had to get that for my daughter from China. I would like to give it to everyone with daughters. I can relate to your pain from the C-section. My bio son was breech, and was turned/pushed around one day by my Dr. about 1 month before he was born. Then I ended up having an unplanned C-section anyway. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you enjoy your last full week at home.