Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Confessions

I'm almost done with Christmas shopping, but not quite. I still have stocking stuffers and a few other things to buy. It's crazy cold out today, so I'm staying in with my baby. I got a few things Saturday, and, while shopping for others, I ended up buying a really cute shirt for myself. When I showed it to Kevin, he rolled his eyes and asked why I always buy things for myself at Christmas time? I admit, I do this every year. As I got to thinking about it, I realized that Christmas time is really the only time of year that I actually go shopping. I don't go to the mall, I don't shop just for the fun of it anymore. I just don't get around much anymore (hear the song playing in the background!) Since Thanksgiving, I've bought a pair of jeans, a vest, and 2 shirts for myself. Mainly b/c they were so cheap and mainly b/c I knew no one else would get them for me.

So, what about you? Do you ever buy stuff for yourself this time of year? Time to confess...

1 comment:

Brandi said...

An article I read said that the average person spends around $100 on themselves while doing their Christmas shoppping. So, I guess you're right on target. :) I know I've spent more on myself than usual, and I too feel guilty about it.