Saturday, December 20, 2008

Had to do it-

We went to the mall yesterday. I had no expectations. I did tell the girls they could ride the train after we went to see Santa. McKenna had 2 meltdowns before we even got to the mall. She didn't want to sit on Santa or stand near him. I said that's fine. No big deal. We get there, she sees Santa giving kids candy canes and she decides he's not so bad, after all. Avery was ready to talk to him. We met Marla and Reese there. Reese went first. Here are the resultsAfter Reese, all 3 of my girls hopped right up to Santa. Avery talked to him for a while. She told him she wanted a Barbie (aka peek a boo petite) and McKenna said she wanted My little Pony. Santa called Presley a boy, and so it begins. None of my kids have hair for the first 2 years of their life, so everyone thinks their boys. Whatever.

I had a moment of weakness and I paid for a picture with Santa. I wanted Kevin to see it (he was at work) and wanted proof of the memory. $14.87!!!!! for one picture. I had a stomach ache afterwards. I can't believe I spent that much money for 1 picture that will most likely go in a box. Here's what $14.87 buys-Actually, we got 2 for the price of one. When we went to pay for the pix, the computer for the camera somehow broke and we had to wait for 20 minutes while the lady called someone to fix it. The other lady said she didn't know how to work the cash register so she just stood there. Ugh. When the first lady came back to check us out, I asked if we could just have the pix since it took so long. She said no but she'd give us another one for free. Anyone want a 5x7 pix of some cute girls with Santa? I'll sell it for $35! Just kidding, kind of...
Big plans today-the girls are going to a friends house for a Christmas party. I need to do some shopping and I hope to make it to the Y. Kevin should be doing some shopping, if he knows what's good for him :) Then we'll go out and look at lights tonight.

No comments: