Friday, December 19, 2008

A Christmas Quiz

Heather at Whittaker Woman posted this list of Christmas questions. I joined in and here are the results.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper! Bags are no fun! Although I did use a bag for my nephew's gift this year. Simply b/c it was such an odd shape and I had one from last year.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I live in Kansas. The best trees here are artificial!
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving. Or the week before...
4. When do you take the tree down? sometime during the week between Christmas and New Year, or right after.
5. Do you like eggnog? No, but Kevin and Avery sure do!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I wrote about it here.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My husband and kids. I know what they want, need, don't already have, etc....
9. Do You have a nativity scene? Yes. Emmanuel gave me a beautiful nativity a couple of years ago. The girls have a Little People set under the tree they can play with. The girls also have one in their room they got from Church last year.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Christmas cards? Our family didn't do that when I was growing up, so I haven't gotten into that tradition, yet. I enjoy reading the ones we get, though!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? No comment
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I have a lot-Right now, it's probably Elf. Last night, we all watched the Grinch, I like that one, too.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I wish I could say all year. But this year, it's been in the last 2 months.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Again, no comment.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything my mom makes. She's the best cook. Some year I want her to fix mexican and we can sing Felix Navidad!
16. Lights on the tree? Seriously? We put 3 extra strands on our prelit tree, and put 12 strands on the tree in the basement.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night. I just like singing that one. I love to hear Avery sing Away in the Manger.
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Going North to Abilene on Christmas day. Spending Tuesday night with Kevin's family.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? You know Dasher and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. And Rudolph, too.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither and let me tell you the girls are not happy. They really want either a star or angel. I like my trees just the way they are. Fashion trumps theology on this one.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Hello, Santa delivers them Christmas night so Christmas morning is when you open them! The kids open one gift on Christmas eve every year. And every year that one gift is a pair of pajamas.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Last year, I bought ALL of the gifts for all of our families by myself. I didn't like it. This year, Kevin help a little. He does most of the wrapping of the gifts so I shouldn't complain.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I used to just like white or gold. Now I like all of the colors, as long as they coordinate.
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Last year we had beef tenderloin for the first time. It was good! And we eat homemade Chex mix alot during advent and epiphany every year.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I know this sounds corny, but I just want to watch my girls open their gifts and experience Christmas with my family. Wait, I would like to paint our bedroom, too. And I want some black boots at Target that I told Kevin about, showed him in the store, emailed him a link. I wouldn't mind some jewelry either. And I want a better pencil sharpener than the one we have. When you school at home, you use pencils and our little sharpener isn't cutting it anymore....Oh, yeah, and peace on earth-good will toward men.

I hope you all are able to spend this Christmas with your family, and that you'll experience the true meaning of this special time of year. Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No pretty live trees in Kansas? Try Johnson's Garden Center! I think they might come from New Mexico. And will you be bringing Chex Mix to our Christmas in Abilene?

Anonymous said...

No comment. Come on... that means you have an answer but don't want to share. Which only makes me want to know even more. :) Thanks for doing this. H

Whittaker Woman said...

oops I am not anonymous