Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

  • Kevin is gone from sun up to sundown today. Actually, we can't see the sun here in Wichita, but trust me, it's a long time. He's such a great husband and dad. He helps so much around the house and with the girls. I'm sure I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate him. Maybe he'll read this today during one of his breaks and know...
  • So, McKenna asked me a few minutes ago if she could have some lotion for her hands. I said yes. I went downstairs to change out the laundry and came back up and smelled baby lotion. Hmmmm...now Presley's hair is all oily and gunky.
  • Avery and I are both ready to be done with school. It's much harder to stay focused when it's nice out, or when Little House on the Prairie is on. Every morning, 9 and 10am, Hallmark channel. Only 3 weeks left, if we stay on target...
  • I don't have to work tomorrow! Yea! Juries are next Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it. I like hearing everyone sing, I don't like having to write critique sheets....ugh
  • Speaking of-one of my students told me that she HAS to get an A in voice b/c of her scholarship. And she has somewhat of an attitude problem. I don't handle attitudes very well. Especially if I say one thing or give a compliment only to be told, "well, I thought it sucked." Well, if it sucks, and you HAVE to get an A, then maybe you should quit complaining and start practicing...and that's all I'm going to say about that...
  • I'm getting my hair done tomorrow, another yea!!! I haven' t had my hair cut since before Presley was born (she's 7 months old) It's time. It's just one of the things I hate spending money on. Along with toilet paper, trash service, air filters, and gas.
  • Date night tomorrow-kind of. We're going to Symphony of Spring. Should be good.
  • This guy is leading worship at church this week. I'm wondering what it will be like.
  • I'm working on my menu plan for next week. We're eating some good stuff, so I'll post recipes later.

2 comments:

Marla said...

I'm interested to hear how Phil Stacey will do at church. He sounds a little bit country and that honestly scares me. But he also seems pretty modern, so I hope he does something relevant in 2009.

Gerri said...

Is that at Westlink? I went to their web site and didn't see anything. Does that mean you'll go in time for the music this week?