I woke up this morning with news that a friend of my niece's passed away after battling cancer for 4 of his 7 years on this earth. I can't imagine the pain this family is going through. So very sad. I've thought a lot today about my nieces and how they are dealing with a tragedy most adults can't even handle. The comfort in this horrible situation is that Carson is with Jesus now, and he is completely cancer-free.
We went to church for the first time in 3 weeks. Oh, it was so good to be in church again. Finally, our family healthy and ready to worship. We had a guest song leader that was actually a worship leader at the church we attended in Ky. A great service, followed by a great lunch-Olive Garden! We are just starting to enter the phase where Presley isn't fun to eat out with, but today she was great. Loud, but great. Made a trip to Ralphs up in Valencia before heading back to Pasadena. No creamer there, either. Sigh.
And, here's the menu for this week-
- steak, baked potatoes, green beans-McKenna didn't get this last week and her whole face lit up today when she saw the steaks in our grocery cart.
- breakfast for dinner-waffles, fruit, eggs, and bacon
- the soup I was supposed to make last week, but didn't get around to it-
- chicken fajitas, queso, quacamole, chips
- spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
- Dinner with friends on Friday!