- Avery learning how phonics work, sounds work, and reading simple words
- McKenna learning about colors and shapes, practicing cutting-all with her left hand
- Avery learning about art, Australia, and her 5 senses
- going to the zoo to visit the Australian exhibit
- reading and acting out Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Tom Thumb, Thumbellina, and The Frog Prince. Making puppets and posters
- experiencing the joy of learning (and teaching)
- Having lessons together as a family
Yesterday was our first LOW day. Kevin and I have realized that we let the girls watch too much tv over the summer and we're trying to cut back. Avery is having a really hard time with this. She came unglued yesterday, when I told her we needed to start school. Then, she had another meltdown in the afternoon. So....
No Disney for a week. No Hannah Montana until further notice-hopefully never!
I know she needs downtime. We don't "do" school all day, every day. But I've noticed some patterns in her with regard to what she watches on tv that concern me. She loves to play dress up and doll house. She loves to color and make crafts. She'll be doing those things more often now...