Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Today's Thoughts

Today we found out that I'll have a c-section this Friday. Pink3's head is still up and the Dr. didn't think she would move any time soon. I was so looking forward to having a Jacuzzi tub in the labor room, having a queen size bed in the recovery room, and having the chance to have a "normal" delivery. I felt like, after going through the first 2 births, I knew what to expect and do this time around. To say I'm disappointed would be a severe understatement. I don't want to have a c-section, I don't want to pay for a c-section, I don't want to recover from a c-section. But I do want what's best for this precious baby inside me, no matter what. I'm just so sad, though. I can't get over this feeling of disappointment. I feel like I'm having the baby blues before I even get to meet her.

On the bright side, I'm grateful that we're in Wichita, that we're close to family, and that I know God is going to take care of us.

"The Lord is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. " Psalm 145:17,18

And, as if we didn't have enough going on, Kevin is incredibly busy at work right now. We didn't realize this would be such a busy season for him when we "planned" all of this. He is also defending his dissertation at KU on Thursday. Please pray that will be a great and rewarding experience for him. Or that he'll just get through it.

I'm headed to the park with the girls this afternoon. It's beautiful outside today. Hopefully the great outdoors will help lift my spirits, and give me an idea as to what to do for supper! Not doing MPM this week is already taking it's toll...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you, sis! I know you'll be just fine. There was another girl up and walking in the hospital much better than I ever was and she had a c-section the same day I had Reese. I'll pray for a speedy recovery.