Thursday, September 18, 2008

Time to cook! And turn...

We found out Tuesday that pink3 is in a breech position. If she doesn't turn in the next 5 days, I'll have a c-section one week from today. I have a huge mix of emotions related to this, and can't seem to put them in writing, intelligently, anyway. My mind is full of things that need to be done. Cleaning, mainly, and cooking. I searched online and found some freezer meal recipes that I plan on making this weekend. I also have a couple of cookbooks on hold at the library. And my mom offered to make a few meals. Yeah for Moms, and Grandmas!!!!!

Here is the recipe for green chili chicken enchiladas. I plan to make these and freeze, as well. A friend of mine made this for a small group pot luck last spring. I've made it several times since. We love it.



1 lb. chicken breast, cooked and diced

8 oz. cream cheese, softened

1 can (small) green chilis, chopped

tortillas

2 cans green chili enchilada sauce

cheddar cheese, grated



Mix first 3 ingredients. roll into tortillas and place in 9x13 pan. Pour enchilada sauce over all and top with grated cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. We serve this with spanish rice and black beans, chips and salsa. Enjoy!

No comments: