Thursday, February 12, 2009

Birthday thoughts

Since today is my birthday, I thought it would be appropriate to express my love and appreciation for the 2 people responsible for my existence, besides God. I'm loving Him today, too.

My dad-we are soooo alike and soooo different at the same time. I love his loyalty. I love his humility and kindness. I love watching him worship. I love watching him be a grandpa.

My mom-I love her cooking. I love the way she loves and takes care of my dad. She has the gift of hospitality and it is evident in every aspect of her life. I love the way she treats her grandchildren. She loves being a grandma and it shows.

My Savior-thank you for breathing life into me and giving me my mom and dad. I love you. Thank you for saving me and picking me up out of the pit. I will forever praise Your name and tell of Your great works. You deserve all the glory. Amen

So, today I'm 34. I don't feel 34. The quiz I took on Facebook said I was still 30. Truth be told, I'm kind of tired of celebrating. We've had balloons and streamers all over our house since Kenna's b-day on Jan. 25. We have presents laying around b/c I don't know where they will fit in our cluttered home. I'm so thankful that I get to celebrate today with my family, though. That's the best gift-time. and maybe a pencil sharpener that I "wanted" for Christmas and didn't get...
Tonight, Kevin is taking me to a wine dinner at Smokey Hill winery in Salina. I'm so excited! You should visit their website and read their philosophy/mission statement. It's powerful! They have a store at new market and we are regular customers, to say the least. I love their Christmas wine, River Valley Red and the Czech Red. I'm looking forward to tasting some new wines that will eventually make their way onto our new wine rack, if I get one for my birthday, that is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, sis!

Brandi said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! Hope you had a great day!!