Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday thoughts

It's another Monday in the Osborn house, and around the world, for that matter. Laundry, menu planning, light cleaning and school. Some thoughts that are preventing me from doing the above include-

  • Avery and McKenna made a new friend over the weekend. A granddaughter of one of our neighbors was visiting. They had so much fun riding bikes and playing outside. The girl asked Ave and Kenna to come play inside her grandparents house. I was hesitant to let them at first. We've met these people, but don't know them well, or anything. I went over to make sure it was ok and found out they have a pet snake. A SNAKE!
  • I'm married to the best husband ever. Several weeks ago he started bringing me coffee in the morning before he leaves for work. I secretly hope he never stops. I love it.
  • Our city has been hit by the recession. I'm not necessarily worried right now. But I'm dissappointed that our savings/emergency fund isn't where it should be. And my heart aches for those who've lost their jobs. I'm so sad for them.
  • I have an urge to simplify. I spent almost 2 hours yesterday just cleaning the hutch in our kitchen area. It's been taken over by craft projects, crayons, and paper.
  • I'm tired of looking at all of the clutter in our house. Especially the girls' room. When I do laundry, and all of their clothes are clean, they can't close their drawers b/c there's too many clothes. McKenna even has an extra bag full of clothes on a shelf in the closet. I'm thinking of only getting them 4 or 5 outfits for summer. That's it.
  • Presley has outgrown her cradle. She slept in her room for the first time this weekend. She growing, too fast. She laughs now. She loves watching her big sisters play. She loves to suck her thumb and hold both hands up to her face. She's so cute.
  • I'm ready for spring break. I LOVE homeschooling. I knew it would take a lot of time and I'm extremely pleased with Avery's progress. But, I need a break.
  • Avery got this cookbook for her birthday. I'm planning to make pretzels with the girls this afternoon. But, don't call and ask them about it, in case I change my mind.
  • Why does KU have to play on Monday? They used to play on Tuesday. Now, I'm going to miss Jon and Kate+8 for the second week in a row.
  • I'm addicted to Facebook. I fought it for the longest time. Kevin opened my account almost a year before I ever looked at it. Now, I'm catching up with friends from California to Kentucky. While I love seeing and reading about their lives, I'm cautiously reminded of the choices we make and how important my relationship with my God, my husband, and my kids are to me. I need to spend less time in front of the computer and more time developing relationships with the people that mean the most to me.

And here I am, logging off-

1 comment:

Gerri said...

As much as you love to do laundry, do you think 4-5 outfits each is enough. Do you plan on putting 1 outfit a day out and then locking the rest of them up? I know McKenna loves to change clothes during the day.
I, too, am very sad for the people who are losing their jobs. As you know, we've had that at Alco for several years now and that was before this recent downturn of the economy.
Have you read Brandi's blog since Friday? If not, you may not want to--you may turn green.