Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Random thoughts

I don't really have anything to write about, except a few thoughts that are preventing me from being productive.
  • Presley is sooooo close to rolling over. She is really growing fast. She is starting to love her blanket with the tags. She just wraps her fingers around it and brings it up to her mouth. She is also getting attached to her dolls.




  • Did KU rock or what? Avery and I watched Jon and Kate +8 till 8:30. I came upstairs and saw this.
  • McKenna didn't make it past the first 10 minutes of the game. Kevin was mad. At the Jayhawks. But they finally pulled thru...Rock Chalk- Abby was excited for the win, you can tell.




  • Avery is reading her 7th out of 10 books for her reading curriculum. Each book has 3-5 stories in it. She does great on her timed reading, where she has to read so many words in a minute. She is also learning about money (coins). Tomorrow, she starts learning how to tell time. She's really excited about it. Now is when I regret buying trendy roman numeral clocks for the home instead of regular ones. Here they are playing hop/scotch/read.






  • McKenna is doing just as well on the money lessons. She usually joins us for Language Arts and Science and History. And Art, of course. There are days when she really does NOT want to do school. Last night at supper, she prayed that "we wouldn't have to do school tomorrow." Today, she played dolls by herself for most of the morning. She NEVER does that. She usually wants someone to play with at all times. I was proud of her for doing that instead of whining, her usual pastime.





  • Kevin and I are still in limbo as to what to do next year. I change my mind every 10 minutes. McKenna will be in preschool 2 afternoons a week next fall. The thought of having only one child (Presley) to take care of those 2 afternoons is very tempting at times. But, overall, we love what we're doing right now. The one thing I'd do differently next year is do a music and bible curriculum, in addition to LVS. This "wingin' it" strategy isn't working too well for me. And, I'd get a bigger table for the school room. Right now we have a card table and 2 kid tables. Not enough room.

It's supposed to be nice out the next 2 days. I see lots of bike riding and playground playing in our near future. Hopefully followed by early bedtimes :)

1 comment:

Gerri said...

Love the pictures. Especially of Presley. She is changing so fast.