I miss Kentucky. I miss Kentucky in the spring. It's beautiful there during any season, but now is when I miss seeing the trees and flowers blooming in the bluegrass. We left KY in 2004 to move back to the land of OZ (or Ahhhs) Kevin and I reconnected with some friends via facebook yesterday and, now, I'm longing for my (not so) old Kentucky home.
- I miss our friends the most, of course. Friends from seminary, church, UK, work
- I miss the salty ham at shakertown-and the celery tomato soup and the salsafee casserole. And the people that make us "kindly welcome"
- I miss fans going crazy over UK basketball. KU fans are no where near as passionate as UK fans are
- I miss Bella Notte-everything about it
- I miss shopping. I shopped a lot more when we lived in KY. I miss NY&C at Fayette Mall the most
- I miss our first home-it would be way too small for our family now, but I miss it, none the less. We had some great memories in that house.
- I miss being just a couple. Does that sound bad? I don't mean for it to. The first 4 years in KY, we we're just a married couple, not yet parents. I miss those times being husband and wife. Seems like another life ago...
- I miss sight seeing and weekend excersions-natural bridge, the Gap outlet, Bardstown, Cumberland gap, High bridge, Gatlinburg, the Horse Park