- Presley is doing so well on this new 4 hour schedule. She has slept 2 nights in a row. I'm the one needing more time to adjust. I was used to nursing her every 3 hours. This was my break to be with her... and get a way with watching some TV. My TV shows haven't changed times with this new schedule and my body is having a hard time adjusting, too.
- Speaking of TV, Glenn Beck was supposed to do a segment on homeschooling yesterday. He didn't. I'm trying to decide if I should tune in today or not.
- During breakfast, I asked the older girls if they could have one wish, what would it be. Avery didn't answer, McKenna said, "That Trinity would be my sister." When I asked why, she said, "so she would only have one house to live in." I'm still processing this one. You see, Trinity is the granddaughter of one of our neighbors. Her dad has been living with his folks(our neighbors) since January. Her parents must be going through something b/c she comes to stay there every other weekend.
- Still wondering what to do next year for Avery's school. I/We change our mind every other day, it seems. LVS needs an answer by the end of the month. Leaning more one way than the other, today, anyway.
- We're enjoying spring break. I switched out all of Presley's 3-6m clothes for 6-9m spring/summer clothes. The only 3-6m item I left out is her KU cheerleading outfit. Hope she gets a chance to wear it after tomorrow. You could never tell by the looks of it now, but I've cleaned and organized the living room. Now, if I could only find that 3rd phone we lost a few weeks ago...
- One of the blogs I follow had a couple of posts this week about family worship. You can read them here and here. I'm wondering where we can get these books, cheap. I doubt they have them at the public library. I remember doing family devotions when I was little. We always read the Upper Room daily devos, after breakfast, while waiting for the school bus. I also remember memorizing Ps. 23 and the Lord's Prayer while waiting for the bus with my dad. Good times. And, I also remember throwing up on that same school bus, not so good times...
- Speaking of the Upper Room. I think my sister and I were in one of the stories back in the early 80's. If I remember correctly, Curt G., a good family friend, wrote a story about us and it was published. I'm sure our names were changed to "protect our identities" so I can't prove it. You'll have to believe me.
- I still need a high chair. Getting out with 3 kids to shop for one doesn't sound like fun to me, though.
- I'm off to watch Felicity with Ave and Kenna. This movie has John Schneider in it, from the original Dukes of Hazard. Brings me back to the 80's, again...
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Thoughts for the day-