Monday, March 16, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


I haven't posted this in a long time. Still planning our menus, though. I had a great trip to Dillons yesterday, spent $90 and saved $86! Yea, me! Here's what we're eatin' this week-
Breakfast-raisen toast, yogurt, smoothies, cereal, waffles, green milk and rolls with green frosting(on Tuesday), banana coconut bread.
Lunch-Reubens(on Tuesday), chef salad, leftovers, turkey sandwiches,
Supper-Sweet and Sour meatballs w/corn and brown rice, chicken enchiladas w/ salad and black beans, homemade pizza w/ salad, green eggs and ham (Tuesday), Cheeseburger meatloaf (homemade gourmet) w/ potatoes and green beans,

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. We have some fun green things planned. And, we haven't had reubens in a long time, so I'm excited to make them. That's as close as I can get to corned beef and cabbage, it's a stretch, I know. Actually, my grocery bill would have been around $70 if Reubens weren't on the menu, but it will be worth it, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love this, Michelle! I used to be SO good about menu planning, but since I went back to work...not so much! I am considering going back to being a sahm, even though my kids are in school...I guess I'll be a sahm to our Yorkie puppy! :) Anyway, I'm constantly looking for ways to save money...Danny and I are paying off all our debt and living without ANY credit cards...it's freeing, but sometimes a struggle. Anyway, thanks for the inspiration...and information! I love your blog...it just always lifts me up!

Would love to get together sometime!

Love,
Melissa Schneider

Kevin said...

So... we had pizza at lunch today. Are we still having pizza for supper this week too? Not complaining, just curious. Really, I'm just thrilled about the sweet and sour meatballs. What wine would go good with that?? :)

Michelle Osborn said...

shhhhhhhh! I know I fixed pizza for lunch instead. I should put a disclaimer that these are subject to change. No, you won't have it again this week-